Last updated June 14, 2021
Table of Contents
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How do we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What log data do we collect?
- Do we use any third-party cookies?
- Do we share your data with third parties?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at UserStyles.world (“we”, “us”, or “our”).
When you visit our website userstyles.world (“Site”) and use our services, you trust us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Email address
- Links to other platforms
- Visited "userstyle details" pages
- Visited "userstyle install" pages
Additionally, we also collect the data supplied by OAuth providers. However, we only use the email address and username in order to create your account and discard the rest of the data that was provided.
How do we collect your data?
All of the data is directly provided by your activity on the Site. The data is processed when you:
- Register a new account
- Visit userstyle details page (e.g. https://userstyles.world/style/1/userstyles-world-tweaks)
- Visit userstyle install page (e.g. https://userstyles.world/api/style/1.user.css)
How do we use your data?
We use your data in order to show userstyle statistics.
How do we store your data?
We follow best practices when it comes to handling your data and store everything on our server.
The data used for userstyle statistics is anonymized by using a hash function with a secret key. It is not easily reversible without brute-forcing all public IP addresses in IPv4 address space in combination with the said secret key. This gives us decently accurate style statistics while respecting your privacy. The unique hash is formed like so:
# Formula: record = IP + " " + StyleID secret = SecretKey (string converted to bytes) hashed = HashFunction(record, secret) # Example: record = "126.96.36.199 1" secret = 73 33 63 72 33 37 6b 33 79 (s3cr37k3y) hashed = HMAC-SHA512(record, secret) # Result: 97a5abba601dd18829c33507ecf295bf0d2c05db06a3bf8af2c091dee0a8556500886443b59076057ffc5d8ad429d3d1de141e58684740729f3f24c7c435f7bb
Try it out online:
What are your data protection rights?
- The right to be informed – You have the right to know what personal data is collected, why, how long it will be kept, how you can file a complaint, and with whom we share the data.
- The right of access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data.
- The right of rectification – You have the right to request that we update any inaccurate or incomplete data we have on you.
- The right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right in relation to automated decision making and profiling – You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making if it is producing a legal effect that significantly affects you.
What log data do we collect?
We automatically store certain information when you use the Site, but this information doesn't reveal your identity. It comes from default NGINX server logs, which we flush every 24 hours, and includes the following data:
# IP Date Visited page Browser Agent 188.8.131.52 - - [06/Jun/2021:23:06:13 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 5217 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 ..."
This information is necessary for maintaining the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Do we use any third-party cookies?
Do we share your data with third parties?
Privacy policies of other websites
Our Site contains links to external websites.
How to contact us