Twitter - Clean 2019 Design (Now With Light Blue) by krisu
Created atMay 17, 2021 11:47
Updated atJune 19, 2021 11:13
It’s same new Twitter, except much cleaner and little bit better. 🐦
- Changes white background color to light blue (only enabled in white theme)
- Removes annoying elements such as trends, promoted tweets, “who to follow” boxes etc.
- And more with recommended uBlock filterlist!
- Other really minor tweaks / style changes.
Userstyle is also available at Github, Greasy Fork and
Userstyles.org (Userstyles.org support ended in 2020-11-30).
⚠ Please read the notes!
This userstyle can’t remove everything because limitations of current CSS and complexity of layout.
So I also made uBlock filterlist that removes even more elements, that are harder to do otherwise.
Click here to see the filterlist
- First, if you haven’t already, install uBlock Origin. Extensions for browsers listed here
- Uninstall Adblock Plus and other similar adblockers! Only one adblocker is necessary! Seriously, more info here
- Then: How to import manually a filterlist
- Also: You can copy the filter rules and add manually to uBlock Origin if you want, but you miss updates.
This userstyle and filterlist works ONLY with default english language (I’m not adding support for other languages). Works best with white theme, but other themes are partially supported for element blocks.
Totally optional, but makes Twitter so much better again.
- I like latest tweets ! - Always changes to “latest tweets” in the home timeline
- Latest Tweets - Same idea then previous userscript, but doesn’t work as well (technically script made by me)
- Twitter Direct - Removes t.co URL tracking
- MoreTweetsBuster - Redirects to actual twitter thread from “more tweets” layout when clicking Twitter link outside of Twitter (works 90% of the time)